Microchip's megaAVR is suitable for applications requiring large amounts of code and offers substantial program and data memories with performance up to 20 MIPS. Innovative picoPower technology minimizes power consumption. All megaAVRs offer self-programmability for fast, secure, cost-effective in-circuit upgrades. Engineers can even upgrade the flash while running an application.
Based on industry-leading, proven technology, the megaAVR family offers Microchip's widest selection of devices in terms of memories, pin counts, and peripherals. Microchip offers products ranging from general-purpose devices to models with specialized peripherals like USB, or LCD controllers, or CAN, LIN, and power stage controllers. It is easy to find the perfect fit for a project in the megaAVR product family.
- Broad Family
- megaAVR offers Microchip's widest selection of devices in terms of memories, pin counts, and peripherals, enabling reuse of code and knowledge across projects.
- picoPower Technology
- Selected megaAVR features ultra low power consumption and individually selectable low-power sleep modes that make it ideal for battery-powered applications
- High integration
- The megaAVR features on-chip flash, SRAM, internal EEPROM, SPI, TWI, and USART, USB, CAN, and LIN, watchdog timer, a choice of internal or external precision oscillator, and general purpose I/O pins, simplifying design and reducing bill-of-materials.
- Analog functions
- Advanced analog capabilities, such as ADC, DAC, built-in temperature sensor and internal voltage reference, brown out detector, a fast analog comparator, and a programmable analog gain amplifier. The high level of integration allows for designs with fewer external analog components.
- Rapid development
- megaAVR microcontrollers speed development with powerful in-system programming and on-chip debug. In addition, in-system programming simplifies production line programming and field upgrades.