Digilent’s DMC60C is a powerful, compact motor driver designed for any application where brushed 12 VDC motors are needed and is an approved motor controller for FIRST Robotics Competitions (FRC). The DMC60C features an open loop PWM control mode, two internal closed loop control modes (voltage compensation, current control), two external closed loop control modes (position, velocity), and a follower control mode. These features are made available in competition with an easy-to-use API, complete with examples in C/C++, Java, and LabVIEW.
The DMC60C also features a web configuration utility that can be installed on any FRC-configured roboRIO. This configuration utility enables live configuration of several DMC60C parameters including closed-loop PID constants making the DMC60C an ideal component in any robotics application.
- Designed to control brushed 12 VDC motors, supports other motors within 12 V to 24 V
- Smooth and precise motor control aided by fast output switching frequency
- Easily mountable to robot frames via through-bolt mounting holes and zip-tie channels
- Ruggedized, durable case
- Thermally-aware design, does not require a fan for cooling
- Robust large gauge input/output cables
- Quickly configurable via Brake/Coast calibration button
- LED indicators to quickly display statuses and error states
- Multiple control schemes, can be used with open or closed loop control
- Software API and demonstration code available for C/C++, Java, and LabVIEW
- Dimensions: 2.76" x 1.18" x 1.00"
- Weight: 0.245 lb (including wiring)
- Wire gauge: 12 AWG
- Input voltage: 6 V to 28 V
- Continuous current: 60 A at 25°C when mounted to aluminum frame member
- Peak current (2 sec): 100 A
- PWM input pulse (high time): 1 ms to 2 ms nominal, 0.6 ms to 2.4 ms max
- PWM input rate (period): 2.9 ms to 100 ms
- PWM output chop rate (switching frequency): 15.625 kHz
- Minimum throttle (dead band): 4%